Who else is excited for Halloween!? My children have been discussing costume ideas and looking forward to spooOOooky season for quite a while now. And now that it is officially October, we are ready to transform our lovely homeschool into…
And I’ve got to say, this mama is pumped for the (un)spooky festivities to begin.
We are going to be making some pumpkin pointillism art, having spider races, learning cool facts about bats while making a balancing bat, and so SO much more.
I’m talking 10 hands-on activities, 5 math enrichment activities, 5 literacy enrichment activities, interesting facts, discussion questions, fascinating YouTube videos, recommended books… the WORKS.
Check out Halloween School and grab your copy right here: https://shop.howweelearn.com/pages/halloweenschool
The Black Cat Origami Bookmark I’m going to share with you today is one of the hands-on activities from Halloween School.
Get your FREE Black Cat Bookmark Printable, then follow along to make your black cat origami bookmark!
Black Cat Origami Bookmark
To create this origami bookmark, you will need:
- Black Cat Bookmark Template
Instructions for Making Your Origami Bookmark
1. Start by cutting out the large square on the Black Cat Bookmark printable.
2. Fold the square in half diagonally, so both sections of the cat’s face are on the same side. This will create a triangle.
3. With the cat image facing down and the long base of the triangle at the bottom, fold the right corner up so it meets the top corner and the cat’s face is facing the front.
4. Do the same for the left side, folding the left corner up so it meets the top corner and the cat’s face is facing the front. The cat’s face should now be lined up in the middle. Make a crease, then unfold both sides.
5. Take the top corner of one layer and fold it down so the corner meets the bottom middle.
6. On the left side, fold along the edge at the top of the cat’s face and tuck that piece into the pocket you just created in the previous step. Do the same for the right side.
7. Now it’s time to attach the ears! Cut the ears from the template and tape it to the cat bookmark, lining up the pattern.
You did it! Your new black cat origami bookmark is ready to save your place in your favorite book.
Extension: Create a Custom Origami Bookmark
Your free printable also includes a blank template so you can create your very own custom corner bookmark! Perhaps you’ll make a Halloween monster, a simple white ghost, or decorate your bookmark with a fun pattern.
You can also try starting with a smaller or larger piece of square paper to create an origami bookmark, following the same instructions to fold it.
I hope you enjoyed creating your origami bookmarks! If you did, you’re going to LOVE Halloween School!
Imagine waking up each day this month and jumping right into the spirit of Halloween, making special memories, and having so much fun with your children, while still learning all day long. That is Halloween School.
Ready to make this Halloween extra special? Check out Halloween School!
Thank you for reading, my friend!