We were hesitant to purchase a trampoline. My boys are rather rowdy, and one little one tends to be a bit accident prone, making me think twice about a trampoline. Or three times. Even four.
By the fifth thought, and a lot of convincing and promises of safety, we found ourselves owning a trampoline. The kids were thrilled!
And then it blew away in a bad storm and was destroyed. This incident required some sixth, seventh, and eighth thoughts …
But THEN, we got another one! And anchored it down much better. I do believe, this time, it is here to stay.
It is certainly getting some good use too. The kids love playing a ton of different fun trampoline games with it.
Here are 8 awesomely fun trampoline games for kids to try this summer:
1. Chalk games. Use some chalk to draw squiggly lines to follow, letters to match, numbers to jump, a hop scotch, an obstacle course … anything!
2. Popcorn. This one is a daily occurrence around here. Someone sits in the middle of the trampoline with his knees tucked into his chest and his arms wrapped around his knees. The other person jumps, trying to “pop” the popcorn. The popcorn person has popped when he is no longer upright.
3. Cow. One person is in the middle of the trampoline on his hands and knees with his eyes closed. They have to crawl around and try to touch the other people on the trampoline. When the cow touches someone, they trade places. (As I write this I realize that I have NO idea why this game is called “cow”)
4. Rock, Paper, Scissors, trampoline style. The classic game but using your whole body on the trampoline. Rock is landing on your hands and knees, paper is landing flat, and scissors is landing as a seat drop.
5. Sprinkler fun. Put the sprinkler under the trampoline for some splashy, cool fun. Though the trampoline does get slippery, so be careful.
6. 1-2-3. This is a fun game that my 12 year old loves. One person jumps 3 times and the other person counts out loud (1-2-3) as they jump. Once “3” has been called, and the jumper is on the way down to land, a movement is quickly called out. “Knees!” or “Seat!” or anything at all. The jumper has to try to land in that correct position.
7. Balloons on the trampoline. This one is so much fun for kids, and great for a birthday party too.
8. Sleeping Bunnies. This little trampoline game is perfect for toddlers and young children. Little ones pretend to sleep on the trampoline as you sing, “See the little bunnies sleeping ’til it’s nearly noon, come let us wake them with a merry tune. Oh how still, are they ill? (Pause, and then when the next line is sang the little ones wake up and jump) Wake up little bunnies and hop, hop, hop, wake up little bunnies and hop, hop, and stop.” And then prepare to repeat for the rest of the day.
There you have it! 8 awesomely fun trampoline games for little ones to enjoy this summer. Assuming, of course, you have anchored your trampoline down correctly …