Any holiday is exciting when you are a little one! (Well actually, they are even more exciting when you have a little one) Drawing on this natural excitement is a wonderful way to make learning meaningful for kids.
My preschooler has been loving heart activities lately, so I thought I would find some new Valentine preschool activities. And boy did we find some good ones!
Here are 6 valentine preschool activities!
1. Celery heart stamps – this was our very first Valentine’s day activity this year – the one that got my Sam on a heart kick. It is so simple and such fun! You could take this activity in so many different directions – patterning, measuring, counting, learning colours…
2. Pretty Mosaic Rock Hearts! I just adore these beautiful hearts made by little ones after a scavenger hunt for some rocks outside.
3. These preschool Valentine bead crafts from Spend with Pennies are such a fantastic idea! Preschoolers could thread the beads all on their own practicing fine motor skills, patterning, and counting skills too! Check out Spend with Penny for the details!
4. These heart sun catchers by Building our Story are so simple and yet amazing! These would look gorgeous on a window or hung from the ceiling! And they could easily be made with anything you had on hand – check out how Building our Story made theirs!
5. These silly heart puppets would be fun to make and great for imaginative and creative play too! Creative Family Fun has all the details on how to create these adorable puppets!
6. Finally, by No Time for Flashcards, these adorable coffee filter hearts are great for preschoolers! Not only is the process amazing and full of learning, but the end product is also gorgeous!
I love all 6 of these valentine preschool activities because kids can do them all on their own. I love crafts, activities, and projects that have minimal set up and require minimal supervision. It is wonderful for kids to learn, experiment, and create all on their own!
We have found some great Valentine activities to keep us busy – hope you enjoy them as well!
Please consider liking us on Facebook so we can share more creative learning activities with you and your wee ones! Thank you!