Merry Christmas! I just wanted to send you a quick note, wishing you the happiest of holidays. Thank you for all of the love and support you have given me this year with my website. Your comments, shares, and encouragement keep me inspired to continue. Happy Holidays to you and yours!
Oh … and don’t throw out that wrapping paper! There are some adorable crafts (and memories) to be made.
After each holiday I think about what we should do with all of the used Christmas wrapping paper. More often then not, it all winds up in the garbage – which seems like such a waste. This year I decided to look for some ideas of ways to reuse wrapping paper, so I could have some inspiration and hopeful reuse at least some.
We thought of one idea on our own, and the other 4 we found through some Pinterest ‘research’. I tell you, if you are ever needing a little inspiration – Pinterest will never let you down! By the way … are you following us on Pinterest? If not, you can do that right here. 🙂
Here are the 5 creative ways to reuse wrapping paper
1. I mentioned that we came up with one way to reuse wrapping paper ourselves, so I thought I would start with that one. We used scraps of wrapping paper (because we generally only have scraps – not very gentle present openers over here!) and made beautiful and solid wrapping paper beads.
2. I absolutely adore these custom crayon wrappers from Such Pretty Things. These custom crayons also require very small pieces of wrapping paper, so are great for the rippers among us!
3. As you may now, we love child-directed and simple creating at our house. These wrapping paper collages by Homegrown Friends would be a great hit! We will definitely be reusing some wrapping paper to make these.
4. I do love pretty things! I Heart Organizing gives a great tutorial on how she reused wrapping paper to make shelf liners for the inside of her drawers.
5. And the final way to reuse wrapping paper I would like to share is by Country Living. She shows how to simply (I mean, you won’t believe how simple this is!) reuse wrapping paper to make decorative tape. I absolutely love this idea!
So there you have it. 5 creative ways to save your wrapping paper from the landfill – and have some fun as well! I know I will be shoving all of our ripped up wrapping paper into a great big bag and popping it into a closet for just the right moment.
I love teaching my kids to recycle and reuse things. I feel it is very important for children to learn about ways to take care of Earth. And I am very happy that we can have fun creating while we do it!
Please consider liking us on Facebook so we can share more creative activities with you and your wee ones! Thank you!
Leave a Reply