Christmas is such an exciting time of year for preschoolers and kids of all ages! Using this excitement and making Christmas activities for preschoolers are wonderful ways to make learning meaningful. Here are more then 15 simple learning activities for this Christmas season!
These Christmas activities for preschoolers are wonderful, easy, and fun ways to practice ABC’s and 123’s with your wee ones.
1. One of our personal favourite Christmas activities for preschoolers (my current favourite preschooler in fact) are these simple Christmas name puzzles. A great way to practice a name, or use numbers, or sight words.
2. Christmas Tree Sewing activity by Childhood 101 is a wonderful way to practice fine motor skills. Adding in patterning would be a simple learning game too.
3. This Gingerbread dress up Christmas activity for preschoolers is an excellent learning game for wee ones. Preschoolers can practice putting mouths and eyes on faces, playing with emotions, and dressing gingerbread men. It can be found at The Iowa’s Farmer’s Wife.
4. There are some great Christmas activities for preschoolers that practice counting. This Christmas Tree Decorating Counting game, by Kids Matter, is one of my favourites because it also practices one-to-one correspondence – which is a tricky skill. One to one correspondence means you count one ‘thing’ with one number.
5. This invitation to write was always the most popular in my Kindergarten class. I just love this Christmas card writing station set up by Teach Preschool. Such a meaningful way to encourage preschoolers to write.
6. Creating shapes, designs, and patterns are fun math skills to practice with these simple Christmas fridge magnets by CraftoArt!
7. This sorting Christmas tree and ornament activity by Blog Me Mom is so full of learning fun! Preschoolers could use this activity as an invitation to play to practice sorting and ordering, counting and sizes.
8. This reindeer counting game by An idea on Tuesday is not only a cute craft – it is full of math and fine motor skills. All lists of Christmas activities for preschoolers must include a Rudolph!
9. I absolutely love this pre-writing activity by Rainy Day Mom. This is such a great way to get preschoolers excited about writing and media literacy too! Writing a letter to Santa using magazine cut-outs! Some preschoolers could add in letters or words that they know as well.
10. A little bit more preparation (though this would make a fun craft for preschoolers!) but this Christmas activity is full of learning! This Mr. Reindeer by Playing with Words 365 makes practicing letters and numbers lots of fun! It reminds me of our letter monster – which my wee ones adored!
11. It usually is the simplest of ideas that spark the most imagination. My preschooler Sammy loved this activity! Kiwi Crate made a sticker Christmas tree matching game. A fun way to practice colours – or to sort anything!
12. If you are looking for a Christmas themed Science activity for your preschoolers this one is for you! Learn how to simply bend and shape candy canes at Preschool Powol Packets!
13. This Christmas tree decorating activity by Rock-a-bye Butterfly is another great counting activity. Preschoolers could also do patterning and ordering with these trees.
14. This Christmas activity looks like tons of fun! Roll a Reindeer by Domestic Goddesque helps preschoolers practice counting and following directions too.
15. We made this simple sensory Christmas tree bin with painters tape – and it has been so much fun! By adding some letters into the bin my preschooler has been practicing his letters and sounds and even building words on the Christmas tree.
16. My Sammy loves playing matching games. So we made this simple matching letters Christmas tree game to practice some alphabet letters he finds tricky. Matching games could be used to practice any skill: colours, shapes, or upper and lower case letters.
I hope you enjoy this magical week before Christmas!! Thank you so much for reading and having your little ones learn from me!
Merry (almost) Christmas!