It’s official – birds. We were outside yesterday and we heard BIRDS! It is time to bring on the spring activities for preschoolers!
Given, we are still currently buried in snow, but it is coming. So while we are awaiting springs actual arrival, we are going to pretend it is actually spring time inside. Want to join us?
Here are ALL of the spring activities you will find on my blog. We will keep this post up to date, so if you are looking for activities for your preschoolers about spring, this can be your one stop. Skip the social media overwhelm, and just get the goods and get to the fun!
Activities for Preschoolers About Spring
We have kept these activities nice and easy, just as preschool activities should be. They are fun and easy simple for little ones to do while also being nice and simple for you to prepare. There are spring crafts, outdoor activities, spring projects, and rainy day activities too.
Oh rainy days! I can hardly wait! (It’s amazing what we look forward to after being buried in snow for so long, isn’t it?!)
Spring Crafts for Preschoolers
- Preschool Crafts for Spring – At the end of a rainbow of colourful beads, paint and tissue paper you’ll find this pot-o’-gold: a massive collection of simple and gorgeous spring crafts for preschoolers. This is every spring craft from our blog organized in one location!
Spring Activities Outdoors
- A Preschooler’s Spring Bucket List – This no-fuss bucket list of spring activities for preschoolers simply requires kids to step outside and explore. Kick back and watch your little one engage in rich learning experiences and make wonderful memories.
- Scavenger Hunt Ideas – Just about any theme or learning concept can be turning into a scavenger hunt. Give kids set clues or let them loose.
- Egg-cellent Easter Egg Hunt Ideas – What is the ultimate spring scavenger hunt? Easter egg hunts, of course! If you’re looking to do something fresh this year, check out these chicky, I mean, cheeky ideas.
- Obstacle Course Ideas – If you have a child that “home run slides” to their last egg in an Easter egg hunt, you may have a child that needs to move. Obstacle courses are a great way of encouraging little ones to get active in new ways and challenge their gross motor skills.
- Outdoor Activities for Earth Day – There is no better way to celebrate Earth Day on April 22 than to get in touch with your own natural surroundings. These Earth Day themed ideas for preschoolers will certainly encourage awe and respect for the outdoors.
- Earth Day Nature Walk Ideas for Kids– It doesn’t get much simpler than this, my friends. On any day of the year, improve fine and gross motor skills, start a conversation about bugs or simply count the buds on a tree – all from a simple nature walk!
- Whacky Walking Sticks – No Master Nature Walker can set forth without their trusty Whacky Walking Stick. This spring idea for preschoolers makes for a great souvenir or group activity. All you need is paint and a stick. Get the job done faster with the featured Kwik Stix.
Spring Projects for Preschoolers
- Tons of Seed Activities for Kids – What better way to welcome springtime changes than with some seed exploration? Whether you’re committing to a spring garden, studying the parts of a seed or making seed art, these fabulous spring activities for preschoolers are sure to be a rich learning experience.
- Teaching Kids to Grow their Own Food – Before getting your kids into growing their own food, they may need to explore the wonders in their own backyard. These easy garden activities for preschoolers can help spark that interest and increase their awareness of the outdoors.
- Seed Germination for Kids – You don’t need fancy garden supplies to start exploring gardening or growing your own food. Start right away with some quick and easy indoor seed germination.
- Seed Germination for Kids – The Results! – Here we share the results of our seed germination post above, comparing which ones were the easiest or fastest to grow. Take your pick based on your spring garden project goals!
- Hatching Chicks with Kids – You may not have THOUGHT that your spring project would involve hatching chicks, but this post might convince you. What if I told you your child could also learn numeracy, literacy, science and art? Intriguing? Read on!
- Wild Child Wind Spinner – Wind spinners are a perfect way to add colour to the slowly transforming grey outdoors. Toddlers and preschoolers will strengthen their fine motor skills, while identifying and sorting colours or creating patterns.
- 14 DIY Bird Feeders for Kids – A bird feeder can be a great way to get little ones to pay greater attention to nature. This is a great DIY spring project for your preschooler to make with a loved one or to give as a gift.
Spring Learning Activities
- Spring Math Flowers – Help your child increase their number sense and one-to-one correspondence by adding the correct number of petals to each flower.
- Comparing and Sorting Seeds – End a hard day of gardening or seed germination with this fun seed numeracy activity for preschoolers.
- Letter Flowers – This spring themed literacy activity can help little ones become more familiar with letter sounds and word families. Brighten up your walls with these gorgeous letter flowers!
- Fingertip Caterpillars – These fingertip caterpillars aren’t just a pretty face – numeracy is their middle name! These adorable colourful critters can help with patterning, counting, number awareness and skip counting.
- Exploring a Bird’s Nest – If you’re lucky enough to stumble upon an old bird’s nest, here’s all the information you’ll need to ensure it’s inactive and to explore it safely.
Rainy Day Activities
Rainy Day Activities – Don’t let the spring showers bring you down! Keep your little ones moving, creating, discovering and developing skills with this engaging activities for a rainy day. If you’re feeling adventurous, we have numerous sensory and learning activities for preschoolers to enjoy outdoors in the rain as well.
There you have it friends! Loads of spring activities for you to enjoy with your preschoolers. Get ready for that warm sun, those birds, and even the rain. Oh the blissful, blissful rain!!!
Thank you so much for reading,
You may also be interested in: